Thursday, September 18, 2008

Purse Rack?


I saw this purse rack in an ad for Bed Bath and Beyond today. I thought to myself, in this order:

1) If you have that many purses, there is no way more than three are in style at the same time. Put the ugly old ones in a box, then you have no need for a purse rack.

2) Geez, this lady has a lot of small purses.

3) How F'n ugly are these purses?!

4) The chains and heavy metals on my purses would really F up this door.

5) These purses are really flat. What about the boxy ones with hard rectangle handles? What about the ones that have a little more volume to them, ya know, the ones that aren't ugly? What about my tiki hut purse? How the hell would my cylindrical tiki hut purse hang on this rack? (Don't worry, it's really in a box.)

6) If someone had this many purses, they must be a purse connoisseur. And if they are, then their purses are probably of the large variety, AKA Target Granny Ass Bag, but by Louis Vuitton, of course. This means that only 3 or 4 purses could hang at a time, if the weight of them doesn't tear down the rack anyway. Or the door.


Upon googling "purse rack", I came across some good ones. How about this one? Can you imagine going to a dinner party at someones house and seeing a bunch of purses hanging off of the front door? These are only in cream and black, though, so they match the decor. Is this considered modern art? (Yes.)



Here is one I like to call the Libra Rack. Careful- you must balance both sides with a purse or risk being corkscrewed by the rack!


The Purse Snatcher Rack. The police have been notified; they're on their way.

OK, I'm done with the purse rant. It's late and I needed some creative output before bed. Zzzzz...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the purses fall off the over the door rack everytime you shut the door. That's what happened when I got the over the door shoe rack. Boo! Thumbs down!

Anonymous said...

I bought the purse rack at the top. It was from a company called Jokari and I really like mine. You can actually mount it to a wall so I have mine mounted in the back of my closet and it works great. The hooks are very easy to move up and down and I able to see all of my purses at once. And, I use it for small clutches and for my large day bags. It holds all of them perfectly. I would recommend this purse rack any day! :)

Jennifer said...

As long as your purses aren't ugly, you are allowed to have this rack. A woman must be responsible for tossing out those fugly old purses!